BOC: Patti Smith/Allen Lanier

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Tue Aug 27 14:59:05 EDT 1996

><< How strange it seems now that a guitarist from the Blue Oyster Cult (a
>band
> with sadly little credibility left) might feel superior to John Cale! >>
>
>Well, being that he is a keyboard player and guitar is a second instrument, I
>think he has a little more credibility than you may think.

He always has said he felt more at home on guitar than keyboards,
and implied just kind of ended up in that role.  He said in an interview
that Buck does better keyboards....

I also heard some stuff somewhere about Allen doing lead guitar for
much of the new album....,
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random
Baron
Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm