OFF: win.dat (was Re: HW : Name)

Peter Sondergeld p.sondergeld at QUT.EDU.AU
Wed Aug 28 00:10:13 EDT 1996

Can any technically minded person explain what this is and why this happens?
There's someone on another list I'm on who has a win.dat attached to EVERY
post, and they've apologised profusely and frequently, saying that their
computing people are unable to stop it happening. Their best guess, as I
remember, is something to do with a problem between their mail software and
Windows95. Any ideas? I think they, and everyone else, would appreciate the
help.
Pete.

ObLP:Buffalo "Dead Forever"

At 01:20 PM 27/8/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Please do not send the win.dat file as an attachment unless it is in a
>format everyone can decode. I've had to trash this file too many times now.
>

>Thanks in Advance!
>Keith

<snip>

Peter Sondergeld
p.sondergeld at qut.edu.au

"One new slave, the same old rock." - Roy Harper