BOC: Hair

Wed Aug 28 08:53:14 EDT 1996

Andrew asks:

>Well, I remember being shocked at the trim job Eric had done on his beard
comin' through Florida in end of last year, has anyone established between
what dates he had it done?  (this was Nov 30, 1995....)

I think Eric got his new hairstyle sometime in '94 -- I saw him with his
"Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart" look at a show in the summer of 1994.  I've
seen a video of BOC from 1992 and he had his "classic" hairstyle at
that time.  Also, Morning Final #11 mentions the hairstyles of the band
at a Nov. '94 show implying that they were somewhat new, so my guess is
that spring or summer of '94 is likely.

Speakin' of which, I've decided that maybe (kind of as a joke question)
I'll put "When did Buck shave his moustache?" into the FAQ.  The short
answer will be "Where HAVE you been for the last 10 years?" (I know,
some would ask the same question of BOC).  As for the real answer, I know
it was sometime back in the mid-80's - certainly by the time *Club Ninja*
was out (1986), but it could have been as early as 1983 or 1984 (although
I seem to recall him having one in the "Shooting Shark" video).  If anyone
can pin the timeframe down a bit closer for me, I'd appreciate it.

John