BOC: Hair

Ted Jackson jr. EL 84 TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Aug 28 09:58:24 EDT 1996

> Speakin' of which, I've decided that maybe (kind of as a joke question)
> I'll put "When did Buck shave his moustache?" into the FAQ.  The short
> answer will be "Where HAVE you been for the last 10 years?" (I know,
> some would ask the same question of BOC).  As for the real answer, I know
> it was sometime back in the mid-80's - certainly by the time *Club Ninja*
> was out (1986), but it could have been as early as 1983 or 1984 (although
> I seem to recall him having one in the "Shooting Shark" video).  If anyone
> can pin the timeframe down a bit closer for me, I'd appreciate it.
>
> John

I'm pretty sure it was pre-CN.  I saw them on the RBN tour, and I'm
fairly sure he was clean-shaven.  BTW, this was a huge outdoor show,
and I got to set up and do security for the show.  Total gas.  Got
friendly with BD's gtr tech. [can't remember his name] who let me
play BD's gtrs!  When did BOC stop playing large shows and become a
club act?  I remember them playing a few club shows here in between
arena shows [I assume they were tune-up gigs].  I assume by CN they
were relegated to second-rate gigs, or were they still playing
stadiums at that time?
theo