OFF: Attachments

Mike Parkington mdp at TADPOLE.CO.UK
Wed Aug 28 17:14:50 EDT 1996

Recently there have been problems with attachments tagging along with
mails, creating merry hell for recipients who don't want them. I believe
that originally all my mails had these, I think I have fixed the problem
now. My profoundest apologies if this is not the case, please let me know.

For those who are using Microsoft Exchange I have found the following
website "http://www.halcyon.com/goetter/widgets.htm"
This has downloadable software which prevents "rich text" messages being
sent by accident, here is a cut from the text:

"Exchange makes it very easy to send a rich text message to a recipient
running a client other than Exchange. That recipient will see a huge,
unreadable chunk of encoded binary data. If that recipient happens to be an
Internet mailing list, five thousand users will each receive that chunk.

Rich Text Sentry helps guard against such embarrassing accidents."

Ring any bells?

I hope that this is of some use.

Mike P