BOC: Clubs vs. Arenas

Michael G Karschner pookadad at DELTANET.COM
Wed Aug 28 15:19:53 EDT 1996

ross.reyes wrote:

> I don't recall BOC ever being a major act for stadiums or arenas.  Their
> mainstay was always small to mid size theaters and clubs.
>
> When they did arena tours they were generally lumped into a larger billing.
> Like the black n blue tour, for example.
>
> RR

The one and only show I saw, they were at the Broome County Arena,
Binhamton NY, in
1981, on the Fire of Unknown Origin tour.  They were the headliner, with
Riggs opening for them.  The arena held about 15,000 (again, I think.
The IHL Whalers play there).  Memory's hazy--I know they had the giant
Godzilla, pretty sure they had lasers, and I think they had Full Frontal
Guitars on Hot Rails to Hell.  During one song (memory's completely shot
now), a spotlight light up Eric and Buck, who then flipped their guitars
over (but continued playing) and used mirrors on the back to reflect the
light over the crowd.  With a disco mirror-ball reflecting way up in the
rafters, and smoke around the stage, one of my friends just stood
staring awestruck at the band, repeating "This is the greatest night of
my life" over and over!  And it was!  :D

-- Mike