BOC: Clubs vs. Arenas

Wed Aug 28 15:50:04 EDT 1996

Mike writes:

>Memory's hazy--I know they had the giant
Godzilla, pretty sure they had lasers, and I think they had Full Frontal
Guitars on Hot Rails to Hell.

Lasers would've been gone by '81.  They did have other cool lighting effects
though - perhaps you may be mistaking some other lighting effects (strobes,
mirror balls, other?) for lasers.  What do you mean by "full frontal guitars"?
Are you referring to the "5 guitar" bit?  If Albert was still in the band,
then that is likely - if Downey was in the band, then no.

>During one song (memory's completely shot
now), a spotlight light up Eric and Buck, who then flipped their guitars
over (but continued playing) and used mirrors on the back to reflect the
light over the crowd.

Sounds like "Born to be Wild" - Buck/Eric used to do this prior to the
guitar-raking bit.

>one of my friends just stood
staring awestruck at the band, repeating "This is the greatest night of
my life" over and over!  And it was!  :D

Amen.

John