was...new arrival...now OFF: UFO

Troy Harris tlh at RUBENS.ITS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Wed Aug 28 22:48:08 EDT 1996

On Tue, 27 Aug 1996, Keith A Henderson wrote:

> > > out here.  Now back to the regularly scheduled UFO talk...
> > >
> > > Mike.
> >
> > Personally, I stopped listening to them after MS left...
>
> Which time?  The first time, or just this past year, when he left mid-US tour?
> I was lucky enough to see them before this unfortunate event.  Pretty good
> show...it was just like seeing the 'Strangers in the Night' tour.  A bit
> nostalgic I suppose, but I wasn't old enough to have seen them in the late
> 70's, so it was like travelling in time.  :)
>
> I haven't heard the reunion album though (Walk on Water)...I think there's some
> problem getting it now, as the future of the band is uncertain again (I
> suppose).
>
> Keith H. (FAA)

  I have got it, and I love it.  A couple of songs are classic UFO, and a
couple would be called mediocre, but listenable.   I don't think the
album is available anywhere now.   I like all the UFO albums and
guitarists, and Phil's voice is most refreshing, esp. in the current
vocal scene of "growl" or "screech".

   Troy