HW: Captured Rotation

William Fuller fswof at AURORA.ALASKA.EDU
Thu Aug 29 16:49:54 EDT 1996

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Andrew Gilham wrote:

> And Ron's presence on three tracks is welcome, too - not just to give the
> album some more variety (I think it would have got a little samey without),
> but because he's getting a lot better.  He's much more restrained than he was
> on _Alien 4_, and he's actually _singing_ instead of just making vocal noises.

I hesitate to go over this ground again, but I must say that Ron's vocals
on Alien 4 were truly awful. The first time I played "Beam Me Up" for my
friends, they all burst out laughing. Juvenile in the extreme: It's a
vision of every 13-year-old Trekkie's wet dream: to be beamed up to the
Enterprise or some such starship. It is really the low point of the
album. Great music, though.

William Fuller   fswof at aurora.alaska.edu