HW: Rumours of wars

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Fri Aug 30 02:11:25 EDT 1996

Carl E. Anderson writes:

> > >         Who the hell could replace Alan effectively?
> >
> > Lemmy?
>
>         Yesssssss ....
>         OK, let me rephrase: _realistically_ who could replace Alan? ;)

Yeah - I have to agree with this.  If Alan left I have a sad feeling
that this would be the end of Hawkwind the band.   From what I've heard,
both Alan and Richard have been an essential influence and driving force
behind the band's continuing to do tour gigs.   Alan has been totally
committed to Hawkwind for longer even than he has been playing with
the band and his departure would leave a void, not just of his bass
playing, but of his total commitment towards a lifestyle (which is
what playing full-time with a band must be) that would be impossible
to fill.

He seems to be a really nice, decent, calm, honest sort of guy.  I can't
imagine what has gone wrong but I fervently hope that whatever it is can
be sorted out.

jill

obfireworks:  Edinburgh Festival!

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk
"Ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars" St. Matt 24.6