HW : was Hey Star-rats.now:pissing Lemmy off

Christian Mumford mumford at EUNET.NO
Fri Aug 30 04:00:43 EDT 1996

Olivier Boigey wrote:

> I doubt of this last proposal...last time I asked Alan about Nik being back
> with HW, he grinned and said " never !!!..."; but I propose that Alan takes
> Lemmy's place in Motorhead when this one retires!!!!

Heh, when I foolhardy asked Lemmy, while he was playing pinball at a
show in NJ a couple of years ago, if he ever thought about playing with
Hawkwind again, he just grunted and turned away and resumed the game,
obviously pissed off... (not that our brief conversation was much....:

(At this point I'm in awe of just standing near the guy, and I'm
wearing a HW shirt, being at a total loss of what to say)

Me: "Uh...(wow).. hey, Motorhead are the coolest rock 'n' roll band
ever!"
Lemmy: "We may not be the coolest, but we _are_ the bloody _greatest_
rock'n'roll band ever!"
Me: "Yeah! Uh... So, you ever hang out with or thought of playing with
Hawkwind again?"
Lemmy: "Grrrnblrrunt..."

So, I retreated before I could say anything else stupid! I can imagine
him just thinking "Stupid fucking arsehole..."

So I later had my girlfriend at the time go over to get an autograph
from him.... (she later _smooched_ (!) with Sebastian Bach of Skid Row
(ugh), her teenage idol,  at the bar briefly (he was a surprise guest on
stage)... blew my mind and kinda bothered me...)

A rather strange night that was.

Christian