HW : Underground Zero

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Fri Aug 30 13:35:10 EDT 1996

At 15:07 1996-08-31 +1100, you wrote:
>Does anyone out there in that wide wide world (of sports) know how one
>would go about getting hold of any "Underground Zero" recordings, if
>there is any? That is aside from the stuff on the "Friends and
>Relations" albums.
>        I'd be ever so happy if anyone could help me out of this (deep) fix
>that I'm in...
>        Thanks.

this very summer I was walking alone in the hot & sunny city of Stockholm.
then came the dreadful thunder & rainstorm by, and almost drowned the city
at once.

there was only one thing to do; get into the nearest store.
the good thing: it happened to be a store for used vinyl (drool, drool...)
the bad thing:  it was a punk and hard core store.

well, the rain continued heavily, and the only thing to do was to dive into
the bins. it was boring. i didn't recognize any artists, any names - but a
very few...

the rain continued, and now it was only the junk bins left - and there, for
the equivalent of a single pound I found it:

Through the Looking Glass / Underground Zero / on the wellknown label
Flicknife BLUNT (!?) 038  (recorded live at Alice in Wonderland)
tracklist: atomchild / genocide / robot (sorry, no cover) / between worlds /
the elite

this vinyl rests now in my Friends & Relation bin, together with the newly
added Living on Borrowed Time / Diamond Head...

...and the rain had passed by... - \\joe