OFF: win.dat (was Re: HW : Name)

Guido Vacano gvacano at BEAVER.MBB.WESLEYAN.EDU
Fri Aug 30 20:46:13 EDT 1996

Paul says--

> > that Exchange converts to pretty colors and fonts 'n such. So, for those =
> > of you that use an older, less sophisticated e-mail package, this is =
> > where most of your problems are coming from, us bums with sophisticated =
> > toys!                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>   ^^^^
> I prefer to think of this as "us bums with mailers that operate in
> brain-dead, arrogant ways."

Amen! Life is screwy enough without having to deal with "win.dats" and
"ms/tnef" nonsense. And the lines on Craig's "sophisticated" (no offense,
Craig!) email (see the low tech > > above) wouldn't wrap properly on my
screen. I couldn't read half of it.

> (Elm, Pine, et al handle Internet mail just fine and dandy, but they are
> not arrogant enough to assume that everyone will be using the same mail
> reader as themselves and append an application-specific attachment of the
> message on the off-chance.  Maybe Micro$oft think their programs deserve
> to waste bandwidth with impunity?)

Would that surprise you? :-P :-)

Guido (who, despite his heathen ways, believes in the antichrist. His
name is Bill Gates! :-) ).

--
If nothing is done, then all will be well.  -- Lao Tse