HW : Name

Kevin Haskel Rubin gnome at TELEPORT.COM
Fri Aug 30 22:24:43 EDT 1996

Jill writes:
> I'm sure I remember Moorcock himself denying this.   Although he
> dedicates one of his Hawkmoon books to Dave Brock (or was it Hawkwind?)
> he said it was a later edition/printing and long after the band was
> established.

In the inside front cover of the box from the Griffin 25 Years On box set
there's some stuff written by Michael Moorcock.  In reference to when he
first met Nik and Dave:
        One of them told me how the band's name was derived from the
        first part of my Hawkmoon books and Nik's infamous flatulance.

-kevin

Kevin Rubin aka 3999RK60 RU5M7I                         gnome at teleport.com
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
http://www.teleport.com/~gnome                          -P.K. Dick