HW: Damnation Alley - film

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Sun Dec 1 03:06:23 EST 1996

>Well I'm sure a number of have seen the atrocity that is the
>film Damnation Alley, does any one know if it's available on
>VHS or Laserdisk ?

I've seen it at a local video store.  They'll usually part with stuff if
you offter them enough.

>Which sets me off, I would dearly love to see the
>film remade following the book more closely.  I would go
>for Direction by John Carpenter, Staring Kurt Russell,
>and James Spader.  Music by you know who.

To follow the book exactly would mean lousy music.  Hell
Tanner's vehicle was rigged by the gov't to play happy,
cheery music which he hated but listened to anyways to
help stay awake.

And he was a biker, in days when bikers were still around but
nearing an end, something which'd fit BOC's
"The Golden Age of Leather" perfectly...