HW: RE: King, not House (OVER CALVERT's DEAD BODY!!!!!)

Christian Mumford christian.mumford at LOGIN.EUNET.NO
Mon Dec 2 05:20:51 EST 1996

>On mån 2 dec 1996 09.41 "Christian Mumford"
><christian.mumford at LOGIN.EUNET.NO> wrote:
>> Granted, Hawkwind are far from rich, but it's no excuse. I doubt
>Calvert's
>> widow or Simon House for that matter are rolling in money either, and I'm
>
>> sure they wouldn't mind royalties from these songs, no matter how little
>> it is.
>
>     And of course to add to the mystery, Simon House is an EBS recording
>artist, having released _Yassasim_ on EBS just recently, with the title
>track having appeared on the EBS sampler CD.  So clearly he's not _too_
>cheesed off with HW ....
>
>     Frankly the whole situation of who has ripped off who in the long and
>far too complicated saga of Hawkwind passes my understanding.  I suspect
>almost everyone has ripped off nearly everyone else to some degree or
>another.  I'm not sure I can level the hovering finger of blame with any
>equality with the little I know.
>     I would guess Dave was having a go at Nik with the writing credits in
>retribution for Nik's pirating the Hawkwind name--whether that's fair or
>not I suppose depends on one's point of view!
>
>Cheers,
>Carl

Ooops - it's Simon King, not Simon House. Sorry. Anybody know what King is
doing these days?? (aside from being bitter that Dave swiped his song...? :o)

Christian