BOC, first album

Troy Harris tlh at RUBENS.ITS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Mon Dec 2 08:53:37 EST 1996

 Okay,

 So we have heard much of the first induction into HW from the fans, so
how about BOC?

 My first buzz with them was way back in the 70's, when Some enchanted
evening was a new album.  Some buddies of mine got a copy and one day at
a party, they put it on.  At first I thought it was a little lightweight,
but after a few songs came Godzilla. I remember thinking "WOW, What a
howling Geetar sound!!".

 A few listens later, I was hooked.  My next LP was OYFOOYK.  That was a
little heavier, and therefore easier for my metallic stomach to enjoy.  I
was not truly tested to be a BOC fan until I encountered my first STUDIO
album.  It was Spectres, which of course is a little on the commercial
side.  After a couple of spins, it became my fave album, even getting
more listening time than Nazareth (!) and the Sabs.

 So, that is my story, in abridged version, so what is yours?

  Troy