OFF: Olivia Tremor Control, USA psych., etc.

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Mon Dec 2 08:19:31 EST 1996

> And whilst I'm on at it, there seems to be a whole slew of american psych.
> bands in that section of my local record shop that I've never ever heard
> mentioned on here, e.g. Bardo Pond, Jessamine, Nurse With Wound, Magic
> Hour, etc.  Does anyone have any comments to offer?

I believe Nurse With Wound crop up more in the experimental/industrial music
camp. The guy behind NWW, Steven Stapleton, uses found sound, tape loops and
the like. I don't have any discs myself, but I've seen some discussion on r.m.i
that suggests a pretty diverse output - some discs plain unlistenable noise
or nothing but cut-up theory  (eg _A Sucked Orange_), while others are said to be rather excellent dark ambient soundscapes (_Thunder Perfect Mind_, _A
Soliloquy for Lilith_)

Cheers,

Tim