tBS: Box Of Hammers - A Review

Mon Dec 2 10:44:15 EST 1996

Torgo:

Very cool review (like the one you did for *Trepanation* - BTW, did you
ever do one for *Eponymous*? If so, I'd like to read it) of *BoH*.
I agree with your observations of the subtlies and DEPTH of this
album, and think that the following quote you make really hits the
nail on the head (no pun intended...well, maybe a little):

>Unlike
TREPANATION, which pulled me in with sheer force and MADE me like it, BOX OF
HAMMERS slowly and quietly lured me in to my doom, a subtle note here and a
funky lyric there, until I was trapped with no hope of escape. I like it

I wrote my initial thoughts on the album after 2 listens, and at the time
thought that I prefered *Trepanation* better from a stylistic point of
view.  I then found myself playing *Box of Hammers* about 5 times in a
row that day - no home of escape indeed...

John