HW: RE: OVER CALVERT's DEAD BODY!!!!!

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Mon Dec 2 10:54:45 EST 1996

William Duffy wrote:

> Christian Mumford wrote:
> >

> > As for Calvert's case in particular, not only is he unable to do anything about
> > it (being dead and all)
>
> Did'nt Bob not make mention of chasing people for royalties, etc., on
> his live album?

        I think he was going through a few court cases at the time of the Queen
Elisabeth Hall album. I think also Steve Pond said something to the
effect of him chasing HW for some royalties or credit for songs or
something like that. I can't remember the details off hand.
        I personaly don't think that TOO much fuss should be made over
crediting the "true" author of a text (be it s song or otherwise). There
are a few reasons for this, one of the biggest reasons being that it is
almost impossible to say that a certain person "created" a certain song.
        Another aspect is that if a song was created by HW, that is, for
example, created by Bob while he was in HW, perhaps it should be just
credited to HW?
        BUT, this being so, it is certainly polite to try to credit the artists
involved. Even if the HW songs have evolved beyond their origional form
it would still be nice if HW said something like "thanks to Bob" or
something like that, in the credits.

-Max Wilcox