OFF: Some Humor for a bad day!

BREVARD Adrian R. (MSMail) ABrevard at SHL.COM
Mon Dec 2 17:55:00 EST 1996

Anyone having the post holiday blues at work/school today may get a
quick howl out of this.  Straight from the "Knuckleheads in the News
Department" -
*******************************
>From Computerworld - November 4, 1996

Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. and Panasonic Corp. were set to
launch
the Internet PC earlier this month.  It featured a Web browser developed
by
Panasonic.  In the interests of making the system user-friendly, the two
firms licensed the cartoon character Woody Woodpecker as its mascot.
But at
the last minute, executives were forced to cancel the launch and the
multimillion-dollar ad campaign, according to The San Jose Mercury News.
 It
seems the Japanese marketers, unfamiliar with American idioms, had
chosen
the slogan:
 "Touch Woody, the Internet Pecker."
No word yet on a new launch date or a new slogan.
**********************************
AB

"...Here is the night: and here to watch me
 And lights and lights:  and I far away and alone:
 The harvest is quiet, toward infinity
 (The spirit is quiet) poems go silently
 Into the night: into the night: I mean: only
 Shadow that comes back, that once was divided . . ."
        -Campana, excerpt from "Images From The Journey And The Mountain"

"Every Poet is a Thief."

Masqurade - Surface of Pain