HW: OVER CALVERT's DEAD BODY!!!!!

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Tue Dec 3 07:42:00 EST 1996

On 03 Dec 06:59, Troy Harris wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Dave Berry wrote:
>
> > On 02 Dec 13:41, Troy Harris wrote:
> > >  Doesn't all this *really* mean that the lads in HW are just running out
> > > of original ideas?
> >
> > I thought most bands played old tracks on live albums?
> >

>  Yeah, correcto-mundo.  But NOT usually on STUDIO albums.

I don't see the connection between misattributing writing credits on a
live album (The Business Trip) and running out of original ideas.
They seem like two separate questions to me.

They seem to have plenty of muscial ideas left.  Lyrically they've
been a bit weak; Calvert was definitely the best lyricist the band
ever had.  Several of the tracks that they've reworked have been
very different musically - e.g. Mask Of Morning and The Camera That
Could Lie.  They just needed new lyrics to be completely new songs.
Death Trap doesn't fit this model though, which is why I think it
would have been better left off the studio album.

Dave.

--
Harlequin Ltd., Technology Transfer Centre, King's Buildings,
Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, UK.