OFF: Harveys

Martyn White white at BORG.MED.ECU.EDU
Tue Dec 3 10:45:09 EST 1996

Martin wrote:
>Les Harvey, guitarist with Stone the Crows and brother of the Sensational
>Alex, was electrocuted live on stage in Swansea, Wales, in 1972 (I think).

        I wasn't aware of this connection.  Didn't some ill fate also
befall Alex Harvey.  I remember seeing the sensational Alex Harvey band
in about '72 with Alex as front man.  But a few years later they were
calling themselves the SAHB band or some sort and he was missing.

>Martin is the correct Anglo-Saxon spelling of the name derived from the
>Roman god of war Mars - Martyn is a more modern Welsh corruption!  (If
>we're going to get personal!!!).
>
>Martin
        I knew about the Roman connection but not about the Welsh.
Are you sure that is correct?  My first wife used to call me "Martian"

Cheers                          Mart