HW: old hat. was:OVER CALVERT's DEAD BODY!!!!!

skarsol skarsol at EROLS.COM
Tue Dec 3 07:32:59 EST 1996

Dave Berry wrote:

> They seem to have plenty of muscial ideas left.  Lyrically they've
> been a bit weak; Calvert was definitely the best lyricist the band
> ever had.  Several of the tracks that they've reworked have been
> very different musically - e.g. Mask Of Morning and The Camera That
> Could Lie.  They just needed new lyrics to be completely new songs.
> Death Trap doesn't fit this model though, which is why I think it
> would have been better left off the studio album.

i think dave was a decent writer,when he wrote.i think maybe (this is a
guess),
he is still capable of writing the same sort of stuff,but because of his
'growing up' (heh),the same stuff he used to write might sound too silly
himself,for him to want to share it with the world.and since love songs
are out
(hallelujah!),that only leaves politico,which is no longer even
interesting.

rj