HW: old hat. was:OVER CALVERT's DEAD BODY!!!!!

Tue Dec 3 17:41:52 EST 1996

On tis 3 dec 1996 12.32 skarsol <skarsol at EROLS.COM> wrote:
> i think dave was a decent writer,when he wrote.i think maybe (this is a
> guess),
> he is still capable of writing the same sort of stuff,but because of his
> 'growing up' (heh),the same stuff he used to write might sound too silly
> himself,for him to want to share it with the world.and since love songs
> are out
> (hallelujah!),that only leaves politico,which is no longer even
> interesting.

     Heck Dave, so go back to the Monster Space Mystical Freak-outs.  He
turned out album after album of great stuff in that vein.  Maybe he got
intimidated by Calvert's lyric writing?  He seems to have been much more
restrained in the post-Calvert years.
     But where now are the likes of "7 by 7", "Down Through the Night",
"Lord of Light", "Space is Deep", "Time We Left", "Psychedelic Warlords",
"You Better Believe It", "Paradox", "Assault & Battery", "Golden Void",
etc.?

     Well, there's Alan Davey writing "LSD", "Sputnik Stan", "Xenomorph"
..

     Best Brock moments of the decade (IMO) go to "Mask of Morning", "Alien
(I Am)", and "Love in Space".  I can't imagine the lyrics to "Love in
Space" took long, and he already _had_ the lyrics to "Mask of Morning".

Cheers,
Carl