HW: old hat. was:OVER CALVERT's DEAD BODY!!!!!

Tue Dec 3 18:58:11 EST 1996

On tis 3 dec 1996 19.20 skarsol <skarsol at EROLS.COM> wrote:
> no,no,no. xenomorph (the lyrics anyway)belongs entirely to ron tree.he
> gave me
> a 20 minute breakdown of the lyrics last year.he is quite proud of the
> song,
> and i give him due credit.he was particularly happy with his use of the
> word
> 'allotrios',which,he said,was a latin word meaning something like
> twin,or doppel-
> ganger (i cant remember exactly,we were having a lot of fun).i have not
> been able to
> find this word or any form of it in a dictionary.

     Mysterious, but I can find some traces.  Alius is a adjective and
pronoun meaning "another" or "different".  Alio is an adverbial form
usually meaning "to another place", but can also mean "to another person".
Best word I could find to fit the sense though is aliusmodi, meaning "of
another kind".
     Any classicists out there?

> davey wrote the music.
> not to discredit alan.i think he's a genius.and ron is actually MUCH
> more intelligent than he looks. ;)

     Well, I've always been in favour of Ron, after getting over the shock
that HW had added another member without creating a designated synth
player, and consider _Alien 4_ one of the HW highpoints of the decade so
far.  I've managed to not be appalled by some of his vocals which have
distressed others :)  I also give good marks for his lyrics!

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
Dept. of ASNAC, University of Cambridge            -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)