Rockers deaths

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Tue Dec 3 22:30:28 EST 1996

No, Gary Thain did not commit suicide. It was David Byron of UH that accidentally killed himself with a
gun (at least I think it was an accident; doesn't someone have one of those books that list the histories of
bands and the fate of their members?) Maybe it was Wettons' accident that I am attributing Thains demise to;
there is this little brain cell telling me that Thain died from a disease or infection, but what, I don't know...)
All I can say is that the Heep was not a band to be in if you wanted to live to be a ripe ol' age (BTW, I loved the
Heep, up until about Wonderworld or High And Mighty. And Ken Hensley was (is, maybe, he is still active, but
rather low-key (pun alert!)) a great songsmith and multi-instrumentalist...

objCDPlayer: Ken Hensley / Proud Words On A Dusty Shelf

Craig Shipley
craigs at pyramid.com
----------
From:   Steven Defoe[SMTP:Mondello1 at AOL.COM]
Sent:   Tuesday, December 03, 1996 9:15 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
Subject:        OFF: Rockers deaths

<< > >Didn't the same thing happen to Gary Thain of Uriah Heep

 >   Yup. Twice. He died some time later.  Had damn bad hair, too.

I'm sure I read somewhere (years ago) that Gary Thain committed suicide.

Also, Les Harvey (Stone the Crows) being Sensational Alex's brother was news
to me (a major Alex Harvey fan) - this list does make for interesting reading
sometimes....

Steve Defoe