HW: old hat. was:OVER CALVERT's DEAD BODY!!!!!

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Wed Dec 4 06:33:00 EST 1996

On 04 Dec 11:19, Mike Parkington wrote:
> Interesting point that. I have tried to write lyrics and a bit of fiction
> in the SF/HW type of vein and what starts out as a wonderful idea in the
> head somehow translates to a total load of old cobblers once it appears on
> paper.

There's a oft-quoted put-down, which of course I have forgotten the
origin, in which a young novelist approached a grand master of the form:

-- I've got a brilliant idea for a novel!
-- That's a pity; novels are made from words, not ideas.

Dave.
--
Harlequin Ltd., Technology Transfer Centre, King's Buildings,
Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, UK.