off: people who died

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Dec 4 06:39:49 EST 1996

>>From Johan;

> At 08:58 1996-12-04 +0000, you wrote:
> >Did David Byron really kill himself by accident with a gun?  That strikes
> >me as quite amazing because exactly the same thing happened to Terry Kath,
> >guitarist with Chicago.  He didn't think it was loaded, pointed it at his
> >head and pulled the trigger to amuse his friends....
>
> and they was amused..?

Don't know about them,  but it made my day...

> >Thain, I think, was in trouble with drugs and although I can't remember
> >clearly, I am sure his death was drugs related.  I remember reading an
> >article in Melody Maker in 1976 about people in the rock world who had
> >died through abuse of drugs - and he was up there with Joplin, Hendrix et
> >al.

Ah yes, Thain, Hendrix, Morisson...All right, kids, what's wrong with
this picture?

> As far as I know Thain was on drugs when he drowned - and his use of it was also the reason why he left/was sacked from Heep half a year (?) earlier.
>
> I've never heard of a gun when talking about the death of Byron. He was in a heavy booze sequence, and he was told by a doctor that he should be dead within six months if he didn't quit *now*. Then
> e put in another gear - found the booze overdrive - and

Is this the Uriah Heep frontman we're discussing?  When did he check
out?  And is there some curse on UH?  And if so, when can we expect
Mick Box to cash in?

> Another rocker's death is the Felix Pappalardi Incident. The bass player of Mountain was shot to death 1983 by his wife Gail Collins (the Mountain cover artist) during a ordinary "house fuzz".

Well finally we come to a real tragedy.  I know this was a
sensational case.  Anyone have details?
theo