BOC: Imaginos Guitarists

Stephen Swann swann at MINDVOX.COM
Wed Dec 4 10:48:34 EST 1996

John A Swartz writes:

> Hey, despite the album's shortcomings, I don't see how anyone could think
> that *Imaginos* is mediocre (and all of you out there that do, don't flame
> me too bad for saying so, o.k.?).

John, man.  Stop apologizing for having opinions, or I'm gonna get
mad and *really* flame you.  ;-)

As for somebody thinking that _Imaginos_ is mediocre... try finding
*any* album by any band that *somebody* doesn't think is mediocre.
Anyway, that's what they get for buying an album just because they
heard that their favorite mega-guitarist happens to appear on it.
What do you think Eddie Van Halen fans thought of _Thriller_?  (And
anyone who thinks I'm comparing Imaginos to Thriller can blow me). ;-)

> As for Mr. Satriani's contributions to *Imaginos*, I believe he plays the
> guitar solo on "Blue Oyster Cult"

Mike Fuller heard a radio interview with Satch where he said that he
couldn't pick out the parts that he played.  Sandy really mixed and
matched all those guitar parts; it's almost impossible to pick out the
work of any individual guitar player.  Frankly I'm really surprised
that the sound works as well as it does, considering what a hash of
different guitar bits it is.

Steve
swann at panix.com