BOC: Vocals (EB, BD, AB), Imaginos, et al

Wed Dec 4 15:25:33 EST 1996

>I think that Sandy Pearlman (in the Goldmain article) had the last
word on this issue: if he had been able to convince the band to do
Imaginos at the height of their careers in the late 70's/early 80's,
it would almost certainly have been the greatest album of their
careers.  Imagine the early BOC darkness and aggression with 10 more
years of songwriting and playing experience...  <excuse me while I
whine>.

Yes, can you imagine how history might have changed had *Imaginos* been
released as a double or triple album after *Some Enchanted Evening*,
instead of *Mirrors*?  But I repeat myself, and whine along with Steve...

>It's not something simple and stupid like "Eric threw him out", or "he
walked out because he'd had enough of Eric".  It was a whole chain of
events, and frankly it was almost absurd in what a roundabout way it
ended up leading to his "departure".

Yes.  Most events which appear explosive on the service have numerous
things which build up over time that are generally not as well-known.
Despite our basic tendencies to simplify things so we can feel that we
understand them, most things are much too complex for that.

John

ObBoxofHammersComment:  I heard "Beavis" on "I'm on Fire", as someone
else posted!  I think there's a second voice on there that's different,
but I'm not sure - so is that little Macintosh computer in the studio
shots the source of these sounds?  Did Al feel like mixing in a cryptic
stuff?  And what is Beavis saying?  It don't sound like "Cappucino" ;-)