OFF: deaths and drugs

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Dec 4 17:15:22 EST 1996

>>From Jerry:

> Martin said:
>
> >Thain, I think, was in trouble with drugs and although I can't remember
> >clearly, I am sure his death was drugs related.  I remember reading an
> >article in Melody Maker in 1976 about people in the rock world who had
> >died through abuse of drugs - and he was up there with Joplin, Hendrix et
> >al.
>
> Joplin died of alcohol - a legal drug...
> Hendrix died of sleeping pills - a legal drug...
> Hm...

You sure about that?  I'm almost certain Joplin OD'd.  It's Morisson
who drank himself to death, but he supposedly died of a heart attack.
 Bonham was the one who drank himself to death...

> There's a new type of discussion here in Holland about drugs - marihuana as
> medicine. To everyone's surprise, some sort of health council declared
> marihuana not applicable as medicine. Not only patients who use marihuana,
> but also doctors were really surprised. Now we only have to hope the Dutch
> government doesn't follow the advise, or else marihuana will not be covered
> by social insurance...
>
> Jerry

Hey, there was a referendum in Cal. this year on medicinal weed.
Anyone know if it passed or not?  And what do you lucky souls in the
Netherlands care if it's medicine or not?  Just go to the bar and
score a lid!  BTW, Jerry, not that you'd know personally, but maybe
you could ask somebody...what's the price range for good weed in your
neck of the world?
theo