BOC: Bloom

dahl dahl at AROS.NET
Thu Dec 5 03:14:09 EST 1996

>>>My visual image of BOC as Rock and Roll monsters in the 70's and 80's -
Al's energetic and soulful drumming, Buck's understated brilliance on
guitar, Allan's subtle but haunting keys, Joe's booming bass driving the
beat....but most of all the coolest lead guy in the rock and roll world
at center mike, singing, nararating, posing and genrerally coordinating
the show...Eric Bloom.

I guess all five guys can be credited with the sucess of Blue Oyster
Cult.<<<

I have to agree with Adrian. The greatist thing about the band was the
band. It was never the same after Al left, and probably never will be the
same. The original magic of the 5 original guys is a rarity in the world of
music. I'm just glad I was able to experience a few of the shows while the
band was together. I caught every tour starting with the On Your Feer or On
Your Knees tour (missing only the Cultasaurus Erectus tour because I was in
the hospital attempting to bleed to death) up to the departure of Al. I've
seen 3OC now 3 times and have enjoyed every show, but it isn't the same.

There's no way that replacing or eliminating any of the 5 original guys
would improve the band. I still can't wait for the new album though.

Brad Dahl (not to be confused with the other Brad in Utah, who seems like a
damn decent guy)