Rockers deaths

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Thu Dec 5 03:33:11 EST 1996

On  3-DEC-1996 22:36:20.3 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >------ =_NextPart_000_01BBE169.BEC1ACC0
   >No, Gary Thain did not commit suicide. It was David Byron of UH that
   >accident ally killed himself with a
   >gun (at least I think it was an accident; doesn't someone have one of
   >those b ooks that list the histories of
   >bands and the fate of their members?) Maybe it was Wettons' accident
   >that I a m attributing Thains demise to;
   >there is this little brain cell telling me that Thain died from a
   >disease or infection, but what, I don't know...)
   >All I can say is that the Heep was not a band to be in if you wanted
   >to live to be a ripe ol' age (BTW, I loved the
   >Heep, up until about Wonderworld or High And Mighty. And Ken Hensley
   >was (is, maybe, he is still active, but
   >rather low-key (pun alert!)) a great songsmith and
   >multi-instrumentalist...
   >objCDPlayer: Ken Hensley / Proud Words On A Dusty Shelf
>Craig Shipley

Funny, I thought I read that Byron drank himself to death (whether it was
suicide or not, I don't know, I'm sure any way it could have been considered
some form of suicide) and that Thain's demise was due to something similar,
like drugs...

Chuck
`[1;33;42mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive