OFF: deaths and drugs

skarsol skarsol at EROLS.COM
Wed Dec 4 15:34:47 EST 1996

Jerry wrote:

> Martin said:
>
> >Thain, I think, was in trouble with drugs and although I can't remember
> >clearly, I am sure his death was drugs related.  I remember reading an
> >article in Melody Maker in 1976 about people in the rock world who had
> >died through abuse of drugs - and he was up there with Joplin, Hendrix et
> >al.
>
> Joplin died of alcohol - a legal drug...
> Hendrix died of sleeping pills - a legal drug...
> Hm...
>
> There's a new type of discussion here in Holland about drugs - marihuana as
> medicine. To everyone's surprise, some sort of health council declared
> marihuana not applicable as medicine. Not only patients who use marihuana,
> but also doctors were really surprised. Now we only have to hope the Dutch
> government doesn't follow the advise, or else marihuana will not be covered
> by social insurance...
>
> Jerry

the same crap is going on here in the us. california has decided that
dr's may
prescribe thc for various ailments.our discusting,heavy handed federal
gov't,
has decided that the people can not decide anything for themselves,and
are seeking to prosecute any dr/patient who avails themselves of their
new right.
in another case of our god-wannabe gov't overstepping their bounds,they
are trying
to force local authorities to enforce their mandates on other
subjects,like gun
control(the responsibility for background checks being forced upon local
sherriffs
and such.)
obviously,our gov't feels that if it is legalised for medicine,then the
people wont so easily swallow their downright lies about it.oh,and did
you know that marijuana is
22 times as strong today,now that it must be grown in out of the way
places where the conditions are less than good,than it was in the
sixties,when it was grown whereever
conditions were best?
wishing there was someplace decent to bail out to,before all of our
rights are gone,
rj