OFF:Zappa

Mike Parkington mdp at TADPOLE.CO.UK
Thu Dec 5 05:49:15 EST 1996

Hi

Hopefully there are some Zappa aficionados in the group who can help me
with a problem.

Years ago I used to listen to quite a lot of Zappa but mostly at friends'
houses so where I got to know and to like a lot of Zappa material, I never
really knew the album or track names.

I was listening to the radio much more recently and the station (I forget
which) played one of my favorite tracks but they never said what the
title/album was. I really want to buy this and add it to my collection.

The track may well be called Dungeon of Dispair or similar, from what I
remember the lyrics go:

Flies all green and buzzin in the dungeon of dispair
Prisoners grumble and piss their clothes and scratch their matted hair
A tiny light from a window hole a 100 yards away
Is all they ever get to see of the regular light of the day
And it stinks so bad their bones been chokin.......

I can't remember much more except for a line about "a sinister midget with
a bucket and a mop where the blood goes down the drain"

PLEASE, somebody tell me what album this is from & what is the track title.

Thanks

Mike P