BOC: Vocals (EB, BD, AB), Imaginos, et al

Joseph Brooks jbrooks at CONNECTNET.COM
Thu Dec 5 10:37:56 EST 1996

At 05:46 PM 12/5/96 +1000, you wrote:

>There's a band history at
>http://www.roughguides.com/RG_WWW/rock/final_rock_entries/BLUE_OYSTER_CULT.html
>that puzzled me when I read the bit about BOC refuting "allegations of
>neo-nazism" around the time of *Secret Treaties*. Have I missed something?

I think that is mostly due to the album cover and the song M.E. 262 -
"Hitler's on the phone from Berlin, says I'm gonna make you a star.." Some
people pick up on any little bit and decide that because of it, the band
must be nazis or satan worshipers or whatever... They probably never paid
any heed to the rest of the lyrics.
     _
  | | \   *jbrooks at connectnet.com                   | "What ever you do,
  | | <   *http://www2.connectnet.com/~jbrooks      |  take care of your
|_| |_/   *WALSTIB / Keep our Internet free!        |  shoes" -- Phish