HW: old hat. was:OVER CALVERT's DEAD BODY!!!!!

skarsol skarsol at EROLS.COM
Thu Dec 5 07:20:53 EST 1996

William Duffy wrote:

> I also have high regard for Ron's work so far. I do feel though that
> many fans are making too many comparisons with Robert Calvert which is
> unfair.
>
> William

i really don't think its unfair.it may be so,to an extent,but ron was
greatly influenced
by calvert,and on the 95 us tour,he was linked to calvert's style by the
promoters in
the press releases.ron is probably flattered that people are making the
comparison.
now to judge him harshly because he isnt exactly calvert would be
unfair.which is what you mean,i suspect.ron does try hard to keep his
own style,which he was really just
developing as he joined hw.not to say he dint have his own before hw,but
that he
had to come up with a new one that suited the job.

btw-i rcently saw the euro vh-1 thingy with hw.i noticed how ron toned
down his vocals
for it,and was a bit amused to see him propped up before the mike on the
'love in
space' part.like they were trying to make it appear as if ron were
singing. hee hee
i also noticed there was a pound or two of make-up on him.he looked like
that genie
from that old kids show by sid and marty croft about the hat-world.;)

but it was a cool thing.i esp liked the interviews. thanks to jon browne
(i think),
for getting it over to us soil.(if it was someone else,who sent it to
bob lennon,
apologies,and thank YOU.)     rj