BRAIN: Utah Brads and BoH

Brad M. Lauchnor blauchno at DEQ.STATE.UT.US
Thu Dec 5 11:44:57 EST 1996

>Brad Dahl (not to be confused with the other Brad in Utah, who seems
>like a damn decent guy)

Wow. That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on the net.
Wonder what I did to deserve it? :)

I also wanted to do my quick review of BoH too. But I loaned the disc to a
friend and he won't give it back! Guess that's a good sign. I do, however,
want to say that I love this album. Trepanantion was great and probably
still has my favorite song -My Civilization- but BoH is better. How?  Well I
don't know. I just know that I was working in my basement last weekend
trying to frame up a room and I listened to that damned CD (BoH) about
20 times. I just put it in the CD player and hit repeat. This is how I really
have to listen to an album to get a chance for my subconscious mind to
pick out the stuff I really like.  -Gun- is a great song. It just is. -St.Vitus- is
also fantastic. Others that stand out are -laura's plastic swords- and
-Donkey show-. The sound of Donkey show is great and the lyrics are a
real hoot! And of course -Tender was the Night- has all of the elements
that John S. described about Al's voice haunting yet humerous. This
song is just perfect. It sounds like a fun little song but those sinister
lyrics! Another great album. THANKS AL!!!

Brad L.    blauchno at deq.state.ut.us

P.S. Oh yeah, -Overture- is also great. Every damn time I hear
"Cappuccino" I get a good belly laugh.

P.P.S Oh yeah #2, can't forget to thank Deb for this album too. THANKS
DEB!!!