OFF: deaths and drugs

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Thu Dec 5 10:33:23 EST 1996

Jerry said:
>> Joplin died of alcohol - a legal drug...
>> Hendrix died of sleeping pills - a legal drug...
>> Hm...

Ted wondered:
>You sure about that?  I'm almost certain Joplin OD'd.  It's Morisson
>who drank himself to death, but he supposedly died of a heart attack.
> Bonham was the one who drank himself to death...

Not completely sure about Joplin. Morrison - they don't know whether it was
alcohol or Pamela Courson's heroin that killed him.

>Hey, there was a referendum in Cal. this year on medicinal weed.
>Anyone know if it passed or not?  And what do you lucky souls in the
>Netherlands care if it's medicine or not?  Just go to the bar and
>score a lid!

Well, some patients don't like the idea of entering a coffee shop only to
get medicine.

>BTW, Jerry, not that you'd know personally, but maybe
>you could ask somebody...what's the price range for good weed in your
>neck of the world?

Your "neck of the world"? Typical American expression?
Why wouldn't I know personally?
Ten guilders (about $ 6.50) for a small bag (couple of grams), more than
enough to build two joints (depends on how much you put in of course).

Good weed... the only one we've got. :-)

Thinking of crossing the pond?

Jerry