OFF: deaths and drugs

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Dec 5 13:18:43 EST 1996

> From:          Jerry <stayer at PI.NET>

> Jerry said:
> >> Joplin died of alcohol - a legal drug...
> >> Hendrix died of sleeping pills - a legal drug...
> >> Hm...

I doubr they were prescription drugs...At least not prescribed to
JH...

> Ted wondered:
> >You sure about that?  I'm almost certain Joplin OD'd.  It's Morisson
> >who drank himself to death, but he supposedly died of a heart attack.
> > Bonham was the one who drank himself to death...
>
> Not completely sure about Joplin. Morrison - they don't know whether it was
> alcohol or Pamela Courson's heroin that killed him.
>
> >Hey, there was a referendum in Cal. this year on medicinal weed.
> >Anyone know if it passed or not?  And what do you lucky souls in the
> >Netherlands care if it's medicine or not?  Just go to the bar and
> >score a lid!
>
> Well, some patients don't like the idea of entering a coffee shop only to
> get medicine.

And, as you pointed out, it wouldn't be covered by insurance...

> >BTW, Jerry, not that you'd know personally, but maybe
> >you could ask somebody...what's the price range for good weed in your
> >neck of the world?
>
> Your "neck of the world"? Typical American expression?

It's really 'your neck of the woods.'  I corrupted it on purpose
given that your 'woods' are on another continent...

> Why wouldn't I know personally?

Making a joke...suggesting just the opposite, of course!

> Ten guilders (about $ 6.50) for a small bag (couple of grams), more than
> enough to build two joints (depends on how much you put in of course).
>
> Good weed... the only one we've got. :-)
>
> Thinking of crossing the pond?
>
> Jerry

If I could, I'd be on the first flight!
theo