OFF:Zappa

Guido Vacano gvacano at BEAVER.MBB.WESLEYAN.EDU
Thu Dec 5 16:26:52 EST 1996

Damon sez--

> On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Paul Mather wrote:
> > The double CD _Thing-Fish_ includes a re-working of the track ("The
> > Torchum' Never Stops"), and that album often gets mixed reviews (on
> > account of it being a mock-broadway-show-kind-of-thing).  I like
> > _Thing-Fish_, but if you're after that track specifically, you could save
> > money by buying _Zoot Allures_ (single CD) instead.
>
> But the thing is, he *doesn't* have to buy a single CD to save money.
> Ryko remastered all (most?) of Zappa's albums and put the double
> LP sets onto one disc each.  Therefore, all of those double albums are
> both placed on one CD and priced accordingly.

Except . . . Thing Fish was THREE LPs, not two. And it is, indeed, on two
CDs, not one. Plus, many of the newest Ryko releases are two CDs, in a
thin two CD case.

Ever pedantic, Guido :-)

--
If nothing is done, then all will be well.  -- Lao Tse