OFF: Harveys

simon sihalley at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Thu Dec 5 20:22:30 EST 1996

Reply to William Duffy about Re: OFF:  Harveys
>Martyn White wrote:
>>
>> Martin wrote:
>> >Les Harvey, guitarist with Stone the Crows and brother of the Sensational
>> >Alex, was electrocuted live on stage in Swansea, Wales, in 1972 (I think).
>>
>>         I wasn't aware of this connection.  Didn't some ill fate also
>> befall Alex Harvey.  I remember seeing the sensational Alex Harvey band
>> in about '72 with Alex as front man.  But a few years later they were
>> calling themselves the SAHB band or some sort and he was missing.
>>
>Alex Harvey died of a heart attack. I think it was on a ship, returning
>from a European tour.
>SAHB (Without Alex) was the name of the band when Alex went off and made
>a documentary album about the Loch Ness Monster.

>William

In case anybody is interested...

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band (That's what they are Still calling
themselves!) Are still doing gigs occasionally and have released a live CD.
It's basically the Mckenners, Zal and Chris Glenn with a new singer (who's
excellent) but doing all the old AH songs. I saw them a while back in Camden,
London and they were really good, opening with faithhealer and
running through a 90 minute set concluding with (surprise surprise) Delalah.
If you get the chance see them.

Si

sihalley at vossnet.co.uk