BOC: Imaginos great v. mediocre, no bad timing

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Fri Dec 6 05:30:39 EST 1996

On  5-DEC-1996 15:02:30.0 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >>And, if you consider how the fans
   >>*didn't* embrace Mirrors, I think my hindsight of having Imaginos done
   >>after SEE would have been a better choice.
   >That's rather unfair, John, because this comes down to comparing
   >Imaginos to Mirrors, which is heresy to me ! *grin* I mean, in my own
   >private universe, Imaginos is the *best* and Mirrors the *worst* BOC
   >ever. Which is kind of interesting. I mean, I think the fans didn't
   >embrace Mirrors for good reasons. It's not so much a question of when
   >the album was released as of the quality of the material within. I do
   >believe Imaginos would have made a huge impressions on the fans had it
   >come out in that period. One reason for this, IMHO, is that we're
   >talking of a period in time when disco music was at its highest peak.
   >Much of Mirrors seems to me very disco-esque.

Strange, since on a '79 boot, Al sings

"3000 guitars
they seem to cry
my ears will melt
disco won't survive"

Anyone else catch that one?

Chuck

`[1;37;44mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive