BOC: Cult Classic

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Dec 6 12:10:50 EST 1996

>> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>

> IMHO, what makes this album worth anything is the studio version of
> Buck's Boogie.  I like O.D.'d on Life Itself on this one as well.
> The rest I can take or leave.  The version of Cities on Flame in particular
> sounds like BOC trying to recreate the original studio recording, rather
> than the way they play it live today.
>
> John

This is why I've always defended CC:  it represents [in most cases]
the way that the songs have evolved over the years, often to make
them work better live.  Many of the endings of the songs have been
reworked so that they come off better in concert.  So, rather than
another live album, they've given us a taste of how many of the
classic tunes come across in concert.  And I agree that Buck's Boogie
is the best version officially available  and well worth the price of
the cd.
theo