OFF slightly : X-Mas plans

Chris Baxley Chris_Baxley at SONYMUSIC.COM
Fri Dec 6 12:50:26 EST 1996

  Jon writes:
  > On my greedy X-mas list is the Choose Your Masques and Sonic Attack
  > CD's. "Flower Punk"- the 3 x CD complete Seeds box set, the 4 x CD's
  > Pretty Things remastered box set inc. S.F. Sorrow (Traditionally
  "better
  > than Pepper, man!") and a pick-up for my acoustic guitar. Hopeful ,
  > aren't I ? It'll be socks and bath foam again, really. :)

  Ah, another Seeds fan.  At last year's Nikwind show here in Eugene,
  during a wild jam at the end
  of Brainstorm, a scuzzy freak hopped up on stage and started singing a
  bunch of inspired gibberish.
  He looked familiar, and then I realized it was Sky Saxon. I knew it was
  him because he had just played
  a few months earlier with his recent band, which featured the old
  guitarist from Blue Cheer (that was a
  rippin' show as well.)   The combination of Sky's screaming and Nik's sax
  craziness made for quite
  a racket, which sounded just fine to me.

  What's a good pickup for acoustic guitar?  (I need one too...)

  "You're pushin' too hard, pushin' too hard on me."

  Chris