woops

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Sat Dec 7 18:33:24 EST 1996

At 14:36 1996-12-07 -0500, you wrote:
>>...and this means the BOC-l web site is back on Copyright Violation Cours=
>>e.
>>
>>see http://listserv.spc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=3Dind9612a&L=3Dboc-l&O=3DT&P=3D=
>>21097
>>for further details
>>
>>\\joe
>
>Surely you mean:
>http://listserv.spc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind9612a&L=boc-l&O=T&P=21097
>
>        I really hope that this issue doesn't blow up again on
>the list.  In copyright law, there is a fair use provision that
>would cover fans sharing lyrics "for the purposes of study".
>        From reading the threads, I gather that Mike meant to
>mail the lyrics file to me in response to my question about LSD
>and it went to the list by mistake.  For one I am overjoyed to
>have a complete updated set of HW lyrics and I am sure that
>many other people on the list are glad to have it.
>        But yeah, I spose that you're right and it shouldn't
>be on a web page.  So download the above mentioned URL right
>now, kiddies, before the POLICE come and spoil our fun :-)
>
>Martyn

I mean no matter what you're doing there's always a law somewhere that
you're breaking against. There's wrong to have the lyrics on a web site (no
money to the hawks (or no money to those who's compiled the works :0) - but
there's also wrong to remove - to censor - what's said on this list (even if
it's a mistake).

No matter which way you're turning, your ass is still in the back. (Old
Swedish saying)
No matter what you're doing, you're always wrong. (Old Murphy Law)

\\joe