BOC: Imaginos great v. mediocre, no bad timing

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Dec 7 23:14:15 EST 1996

Ross wrote:

>make a magnificent album.   I think Mirrors was a throw together
>quickie just to keep BOC on the one a year plan.   Imaginos,
>i don't think would have been nearly as well done under the
>the 1979 conditions.

Not true about mirrors. We made more demos, auditioned more producers, and
worked harder on every facet of that album than any other to that point. We
also had a feeling we didn't have the goods. Many of the Imaginos songs
were written by then but they were not that similar to what ended up on the
Imaginos album ( Astronomy, Warned, Presence and Imaginos were written and
similar but the others were radically different). I think it does take time
to make a great album but we were not ready to make Imaginos then. I think
Sandy Pearlman is in his own little world now. So many of the "facts" he
gave in Goldmine were wrong. I even checked with Joe and he agrees with me
that Sandy's memory is not so great these days.
Al