HW: Elric and OJ

skarsol skarsol at EROLS.COM
Sun Dec 8 12:55:16 EST 1996

Martyn White wrote:

> I spent Saturday night watching Live Chronicles for the umpteenth
> time and noticed something that I missed before.  I am almost sure
> that at one point, Moorcock calls him "Elric the womanslayer"" and
> then he says Elric   ...  "killed the only two mortal women he ever
> loved".   This seems to be very dubious behaviour for the hero of
> a chronicle???
>
> Martyn
>
> PS I just checked the lyric file and confirmed this

martyn,you simply must read the books.it really wasnt his fault.
cymorril>sp<,his first love was turned into a worm by yyrkoon,and elric
slew her for pity. zarozinia,i think,was killed by stormbringer,not
elric.(although,unfortunately elric was holding stormbringer at the
time)
also,elric is what is called an anti-hero.he actually had more heart
than any of his kinsmen,but was still from a cruel and tyrannical race,
and further,his actions were largely governed by stormbringer,the
most evil force ever.elric was haunted by guilt all his days,to the
point of being suicidal.  rj