Off: The Space and Freedom Party

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Mon Dec 9 06:25:03 EST 1996

skarsol writes:

> M Holmes wrote:
>

> > Time to join the Party. In Anarchy no one will fear your dreams.
> >

> > FoFP
>
> which party is that?

ObAdvertise: it was sort of a jest in a way.  However, I'd recommend
that you check out some SF by a friend of mine, Ken MacLeod.  His books
"The Star Fraction" and "The Stone Canal" outline a future history of
The Space and Freedom Party, which as you'll have gathered, is pretty
libertarian, as well as pro=technology and space exploration.  I guess
one way to describe the books would be smart guns, smart women, and
smart drugs versus the politics of a postmillenial and then posthuman
society.

> can't say im in for total anarchy.anarchy to me
> sounds like
> survival of the fittest,

Strangely, it's the very opposite of that. Anarchy is about how to run
things without the guys with the biggest stick (especially if they call
themselves "The State") saying who does what.

> i thought you were a libertarian,mike?

I am.

> well so am i,a
> registered,voting,libertarian.

We don't yet have a libertarian party here. Maybe once Scotland gets its
own parliament, it'd be a good place to start.

> unfortunately,the party links itself with several ideas that even i find
> scary.

Really? Want to let me know what they are by email?

> rj

FoFP